Week Beginning 1st June 2020
It has been a fabulous week at Ravenswood with numbers now up to 70 children. We have opened thirteen classrooms and put a limit of nine children in any class. We have a whole set of new rules that are built around each class being a separate “bubble”. Each bubble has its own classroom, teacher and teaching assistant and they spend the whole day together.
Here are the new rules, which will give you an idea of how we are organising the school.
- Follow school rules for arriving and leaving school
- Wash your hands regularly (when you arrive at school, after playtime or time spent in the EYFS outdoor classroom, before snack and lunchtime, before you go home and when you return home)
- Stay in your area of the playground
- Stay with your new class at break and lunchtime
- Keep to the left in the corridors and move in single file.
- If you sneeze or need to blow your nose, use a tissue and ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’
- Cough into your elbow
- Tell an adult if you feel unwell
- Do not share your equipment with friends (water bottle, pencils, ruler etc)
- Pupils are only allowed to bring their water bottle, packed lunch, PE kit and coat from home to school.
- Pupils should continue to wear school uniform. If this is not possible, substitute with similar, sensible items of clothing.
- Try to keep a 2m distance between you and other people
- Stay with your teaching assistant at lunchtime when you are in the dinner hall.
- Only use the play equipment in your break time box
The children have adapted incredibly well to the new normal and we are all very proud of them. Those that have returned this week have been delighted to be back and it is lovely to see them. Everything is running very smoothly. Here are some photos of the classrooms and dinner time.
Next week, our numbers are up again to 115 with more children from key workers’ families in school. It is going to start to feel busy again!
I hope to be emailing parents very soon about plans for the rest of the school year.